Works autonomously and acts as a senior providing professional advice, managing and/or coordinating a technical area. Leads technical areas within Quality Assurance projects using available test frameworks and tools and establishing project plans with on-time and on budget project goals.
- Leads or runs multiple phases of technical areas within a project/projects of moderate scope or complex assignments, responsible for a certain test area.
- Assures the project meets quality standards by providing technical guidance and vision in planning, designing, executing testing, and developing procedures relating to product quality.
- Participates in formal reviews of business requirements and application designs and ensures proper test coverage based on requirements and design specifications. Defines changes to processes or working instructions.
- Refines requirements by talking to relevant business stakeholders and recommends strategies and methods to improve test plans and processes. Has an understanding of the overall test strategy.
- Leads the test design plans, establishing the test scenarios and determines the entrance and exit criteria.
- Creates systems and business relevant test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of functional specifications.
- Determines the potential causes of problems and analyses multiple alternatives, risks, and benefits for a range of potential solutions.
- Analyses and reports on overall test status and results, identifying issues and reporting to relevant stakeholders. Manages risks to the success of the project.
- Identifies and manages the critical path of testing and ensures execution of project regression tasks. Defines regression tests for future projects and defines and co-ordinates product verification and validation.
- Develops a network to support and add value to client engagements including company, clients and external professional networks.
- 4 – 5 years of experience in SW testing – Banking domain.
- Excellent – Fluent written and spoken English.
- Flexible to work from home, onsite or client’s site.
- Banking experience is a must (Internet Banking/Mobile Banking/Islamic Banking/Core Banking (Flexcube/Finacle/T24/Ethix/etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- ISTQB Advanced
- Intermediate theoretical knowledge in quality assurance methodologies and has awareness of new and emerging technologies and developments.
- Has good applications/technology knowledge, building on specialist domain knowledge and has practical experience of and is proficient with testing tools and frameworks required to deliver.
- Strong understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning.
- Proven ability in assuring project meets quality standards by providing technical guidance in planning, designing, executing testing, and developing procedures relating to product quality.
- Experience in applying problem-solving methodologies and tools to diagnose and solve operational and interpersonal problems.
- Experience in providing technical guidance to enable others and solving technical queries from junior colleagues.
- Has achieved trusted advisor status at a senior level with the client.
- Excellent client-facing skills, takes time to establish underlying needs of client beyond those initially expressed.
- Has an innovative approach, develops new approaches to improve or replace existing procedures
- Excellent communication skills, maintains confidentiality, shares ideas and information, facilitates discussions and transfers knowledge to diverse audiences to achieve collective objectives.
- Good people skills, experience of introducing and building ways in which people can learn from
each other. Encourages mentoring and the transfer of knowledge by designing and delivering
- Renowned as an effective coach and sounding board.
- Good self management, takes on high commitments and works to achieve results. Keeps
momentum going over time despite setbacks. Shows resilience in the face of challenges and
looking for ways to beat previous standards.
- Experience in managing upwards with multiple people, gaining their trust quickly.
- Ability to manage own expenses and ensure adherence of others to the expense policy.